Adding Chat for WordPress [Installation Guide]
Still clueless about adding Offerchat’s free live chat for websites on your own? This tutorial got you covered. One fabulous fact about Offerchat is that it works on any website platform, even subdomains (such as a Tumblr blog), so long as the website is on HTML.
Basically, putting Offerchat’s fast live chat widget on your website is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Sign up for a free Offerchat account.
2. Get the code.
3. Insert it into the HTML source code of your site.
Now if you want a complete, step-by-step guide on how to install the Offerchat free live chat on a hosted WordPress website, here it is. If you don’t have an Offerchat account yet, read from the beginning of this guide. If you already have the live chat code with you, just skip the signup part and go straight to Installing the Code.
I. Signing Up and Getting the Code
2. Fill out all the required information in the form and click Create My Free Account.
3. Open another tab in your browser (ctrl+T) and log in to your email to access your inbox.
4. Find the email message from Offerchat that says “Confirmation instruction”, read the email and click Confirm My Account.
5. You’ll be taken to a new page that will ask you to setup your account password if you’re a new user. Go right ahead and type in your desired password and enter.
6. You’ll now see the code for the website you registered. Copy and paste this code to your website before clicking on Verify code. Note: Again, before clicking the Verify Code button make sure you’ve inserted the line of code to your website’s HTML.
II. Installing the Code to Your WordPress Website
If you’ve already signed up for an account and have the live chat code with you, just follow the steps below. It’s easier than it looks.
1. Log on to your website’s backend panel or customization area where you can do HTML tweaks. My example here is a wordpress website www.macdesignonline.com. For wordpress users, just go to www.[yourwebsite].com/wp-admin. Open it in a new tab. You should get a screen like the one below.
2. Enter your credentials – username and password – to access the Dashboard.
3. Once on the dashboard, click Appearance on your left and the Editor to see your website’s HTML source code.
4. To go through the code easier, click Header on the right panel right across. It will display the header codes in the gray center box.
5. Go back to the Offerchat tab and copy the code inside the box.
6. Now go back to your website. You should paste the Offerchat live chat code before the </head> tag. To find the tag inside the center box just press ctrl+F on your keyboard and type /head. It should highlight the tag right away. Paste the copied Offerchat code before </head>
7. Save your addition by clicking the Update File button.
8. Finally, go back to the Offerchat tab and click the Verify Code button. It will check the code in your website and confirm that all’s well.
So there you have it. No software to download and install. Just a simple copy paste of code and you’ve got a working live chat on your website that’s fast and light, and most of all, doesn’t get in your visitors’ way when looking around your site. It’s strategically located where it’s unobtrusive but easily noticeable the moment any visitor looks for help or somebody to talk to.
Cheby writes about live chat insights, improving conversions, epic customer service, online marketing and everything in between. She will take you by the hand in exploring how to extend your website's earning power through Offerchat's smart live chat tool, and even smarter live chat people.