Add a Live Help Chat on Your Shopify Store [Installation Guide]
The Offerchat live help chat, a powerful sales tool designed to help online businesses increase their conversions and sales, is also very compatible with Shopify. If you’re a business owner with a retail site on Shopify, installing the Offerchat widget is no sweat. Shopify is one of the leading e-commerce platform in the web today and if you happen to be using it for your online store, we got you covered blow by blow on how to add the Offerchat fast and free customer live chat widget to your site and start converting more browsing shoppers into buying customers.
How to Sign Up and Get an Offerchat Live Help Chat Code
The live chat sales tool code for your Shopify store can be obtained by following these simple steps:
1. Sign up for an Offerchat account at http://www.offerchat.com/. Use the email address that you’re frequently using to avoid confusion. There’s no need to choose a pricing plan because Offerchat is free for everybody.
2. Fill out the form in the sign up page. Note: If you have more than one website, you can always add another site once you’re in the dashboard. Click the image below to go straight to the sign up page.
3. Confirm your email address to get the code. Open another tab in your browser and access your email.
4. Once in your inbox, find the email from Offerchat. If you can’t find it in the inbox, check your spam folder. If it’s not there, contact us by email at support[at]offerchat[dot]com.
5. Click “Confirm My Account” from the email message. You’ll be taken to a new page to set your account password.
6. You’ll now be taken to the dashboard or control panel where you can see the chat widget’s code for the website your registered. Copy and paste this code to your website’s HTML template before clicking the Verify Code below the box. You’ll need this screen later so just don’t close it.
How to Insert the Live Help Chat Code into Your Shopify Store
Your store’s theme is in HTML and this is where you are going to insert the chat code to get the widget live immediately. Just follow these steps:
1. Open another tab on your browser and Go to your Shopify Administration account page. URL format is https://yourwebsite.myshopify.com/admin
2. In the Theme’s dropdown at the upper right corner of your screen, select “Template Editor”
3. On your right, select “theme.liquid” under Layouts.
4. View the tab that displays the Offerchat dashboard with the code. Select all the code inside the box and Copy or press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
5. Go back to the Shopify Administration page with your theme template, find the </head> tag. An easy way to do this is pressing Ctrl+F and typing </head>. You browser will automatically highlight the tag.
6. Paste the code just before the </head> tag and Click Save.
7. Go back to the Offerchat dashboard and Click Verify Code. The system will check if the code has been successfully inserted into your Shopify website template. You’ll be notified that the live chat is now working. That’s it!
Remember that you can add an unlimited number of chat agents on the Offerchat dashboard to make sure shoppers will find a live person when they use the chat widget. If you have other Shopify stores or any website for that matter, you can also add an unlimited number of websites on the dashboard and get a unique code for them without creating a different account. And, of course, all of these perks are for free.
Let us know how it went. We always welcome valuable feedback from our users. Drop us an email if you need assistance, would like to request a feature or report a bug.
Cheby writes about live chat insights, improving conversions, epic customer service, online marketing and everything in between. She will take you by the hand in exploring how to extend your website's earning power through Offerchat's smart live chat tool, and even smarter live chat people.